A travel blog is a great way to start a profitable business. It’s also a great way to get your name out there and make some money while you’re at it! However, if you want people to notice your blog and read it, then it needs to stand out from the crowd. This guide will show you how to create a successful travel blog in 2022 by choosing the right niche for yourself and building an audience that loves what you have to offer them.
Decide on a Niche (Profitable)
Once you’ve decided on a niche, it’s time to find out how much money you can make from it.
You will need to be able to write about your travel blog for years, so choose something that has the potential for long-term success. For example, if you’re passionate about food and happen to be in the right place at the right time (such as New York City during Fashion Week), then maybe becoming an expert on restaurant reviews would be worth pursuing as a career path.
Or perhaps working as an editor at Travelocity Magazine is closer to your heart? If so then go ahead and try it out!
Choose a Domain Name and Hosting
To start a travel blog, you need to choose a domain name.
A domain name is the address of your website (e.g., “travelblogger.com”). It’s how people find it online and remember it, so it is important to choose something memorable and descriptive. Your domain name should be short but sweet—no more than three letters long if possible—and easy to spell, type into a browser bar or mobile device keyboard, etcetera:
You’ll need a host to install WordPress. There are many options, but here’s what I recommend:
- GoDaddy.com (the best choice)
- BlueHost.com (another good option)
Once you have your hosting set up, it’s time to install WordPress and its plug-ins, themes, and Google Analytics software.
I’ll cover all of these steps in detail below.
Design Your Travel Blog
You need to choose a theme for your blog. A travel blog is all about photos, so you need to pick something that appeals to people who are looking for information on travel. If you want to do something different and make it your own, then go ahead! But if not, there are plenty of free themes available on WordPress or Instagram that can help get things started.
Once you’ve chosen a theme, add some basic information about yourself (name/location) at the top of your page so people know who they’re visiting when they click through from Google search results or social media posts about similar topics—this way everyone knows what’s going on before they start reading anything else!
Adding content to your travel blog
- Add content regularly. Travel blogs are all about the journey and not just the destination, so it’s important to keep your readers informed about what’s happening along their path. This can be done through photo updates, video clips, or even an opt-in box on a blog post that asks readers to enter their email addresses so they can receive future news from you.
- Stay relevant. You don’t want to lose sight of who your audience is after they’ve been following along for a while; stay fresh by keeping things relevant with topics like tourism trends or travel tips that relate back to where in the world they live (or go).
Build Your Email List from Day 1
- Use a plugin to collect emails from day one. If you don’t already have one, install a plugin like WP Mailchimp or Aweber and automatically send subscribers an email when they sign up for your blog.
- Promote your email list on your blog by showing how many people are subscribed to it and which posts they’ve read (and shared). For example, you could post a screenshot of the subscriber list at the end of every article in which you mention it—or give them more content through their inbox that can be seen only by subscribing members (like behind-the-scenes photos from trips).
- Give away something of value for free: If possible, host an event where everyone who signs up gets something in return; this could be anything from coffee dates with other bloggers who share similar interests and knowledge about travel destinations around the world; discounts on hotels; or even just access to exclusive content offerings such as videos made specifically for those who subscribe.
Enhance Your Travel Blog to Be More Profitable
- Build a blog that is more profitable.
- Add affiliate links in your posts so you can make money from the traffic you generate. If someone clicks on one of those links, you get a percentage of the sale price. This is a great way to make money from your travel blog!
- Use Adsense for extra income and profit-sharing opportunities (30% commission). Adsense provides an easy way to monetize any website or blog by displaying advertisements on the page or posts that attract visitors who are looking for products/services related to what they saw in the article/post they read before clicking on one of these ads instead of just seeing nothing there at all which may mean something different depending upon how much time we spend reading articles etcetera…
Start Writing Great Content (You Don’t Have to Be Perfect)
As a content writer, you have to be able to write great content. But this doesn’t mean that you need to be perfect. In fact, there are no rules for writing great blog posts or articles—it all comes down to your passion and the story you want to tell.
To start with (and I know this sounds obvious), just write about something that interests you! If it’s travel related, then go ahead and write about how much fun it is being on vacation or what kind of experiences travelers should try while they’re traveling around the world (or at least somewhere else).
If it doesn’t matter where people look when reading our posts—as long as people will read them because they find them interesting enough–then by all means use whatever platform suits your needs best: WordPress blog CMS like WordPress or Jekyll instead of Ghost blog CMS so we can run our own website without having any technical knowledge about web technologies like HTML5/CSS3/JS etc.,
but still remain accessible via mobile devices through responsive layouts based on Bootstrap framework which allows designers without any previous experience building websites from scratch but only basic knowledge in coding languages such as PHP/MySQL, etc., which enables us to create beautiful static websites without having any technical knowledge whatsoever!
Promote It Like Crazy!
Once you’ve got your blog up and running, the next step is to promote it like crazy.
- Use social media: If you have a Facebook page, use it to post about your blog posts and engage with followers. You can also use Twitter or Instagram to promote your site.
- Join affiliate programs: If there’s an affiliate program that offers discounts on travel products and services (like Airbnb), sign up for those as well! There are tons of travel bloggers who make money through these platforms—and if they can do it, so can you!
- Get a free domain name: You don’t need anything fancy here; just grab one from GoDaddy or another similar company (we recommend Bluehost because they’re affordable). The domain name will be used as part of an address when entering onto other websites such as Google Maps or TripAdvisor so having one gives off an authoritative vibe that makes people trust what they read on there more than if they were just typing out “travel blog” into search engines like Bing/Yahoo!/etc…
We hope these tips will help you launch your own profitable travel blog. You don’t have to be perfect or have all the answers, but by following these steps and taking action on them, you can make sure that your blog is a success.